Hossam El Refaie
- Holds a Master of Physical Therapy degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Has more than fifteen years of experience in the Omaha and Elkhorn area.
- Received the Mary Longmaid Offutt Award in 2011 as the Visiting Nurses Association Employee of the Year.
- Toured with and served for ten years as the primary provider of Physical Therapy to Mannheim Steamroller (Chip Davis).
- Has a track record of successful rehabilitation with patients who have suffered from strokes, arthritis, balance deficit, gait disturbance, and pain following joint replacements.
- Has extensive experience in pain management of the back, neck, knee, and other orthopedic injuries.
Hossam's enduring vision of creating a patient-centered private physical therapy clinic with a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere has finally been realized.
Since 1999, Hossam has toured with Mannheim Steamroller (specifically, Chip Davis) to provide specialized physical therapy services. A soothing atmosphere was developed especially for the therapy rooms used while touring with the group. This relatively new approach, Ambient Therapy, was pioneered by Chip Davis, and represents an integration of music, natural sounds and the application of mathematical science in recording technology. Ambient Therapy is now practiced in many hospitals - it has been recognized as an effective therapy by the Mayo Clinic,and has even been used on the Space Shuttle. At EWPT, a calming environment has been created based on Ambient Therapy, using Chip Davis' music and nature surround sounds as tools to produce a more relaxing atmosphere.